CHDM Digital Marketing Certification
Digital marketing continues to have a growing
share of hoteliers’ marketing budgets, and keeping up with the latest tools,
newest technologies, and evolving best practices is a demanding job requirement
for all marketing professionals.
The certification demonstrates your expertise in maximizing online revenue through lead generation, customer engagement and loyalty, online brand awareness and product exposure for hotels.
The CHDM certification study guide is organized into three sections: Digital Marketing Impact; Strategy and Tactics; and Analytical, Productivity and Management Tools. Topics covered include mobile marketing, online travel agencies (OTAs), public relations, search engine optimization (SEO), paid advertising, and social media, among others.
This is the certification for hospitality sales, marketing, and revenue management professionals who are interested in expanding their current roles; executives seeking to understand digital marketing; and, digital marketers looking to understand the hospitality industry.
"Best Western International is putting 50 of our marketing professionals through HSMAI's Certified Hospitality Digital Marketer program as a means of affirming their knowledge of digital marketing channels," said Dorothy Dowling, senior vice president, marketing & sales, Best Western International. "HSMAI's certifications designate the highest level of expertise in hospitality sales, marketing, and revenue management. We will be proud to have our team carry the CHDM credentials."
About the Digital Marketing Certification (CHDM)
Designed specifically for the hospitality industry, the CHDM identifies candidates able to leverage their knowledge of the
Internet marketing channel to maximize direct online revenues through:
- Lead generation
- Customer engagement and loyalty
- Online brand awareness
- Positive product exposure
In the end, those with the CHDM certification will exhibit expertise in most tactical areas of digital marketing, be
proficient in creating basic strategic initiatives, utilize the analytical and management tools necessary to communicate
results, and execute effective digital marketing plans in a hospitality environment.
Who should get certified?
- Hospitality employees wanting to expand their roles
- Executives wanting to understand this media
- Digital marketers from other industries wanting to enter the hospitality industry
What does the CHDM encompass?
Review the appendix to this application for the CDHM syllabus which addresses each of the three sections of the
- Digital Marketing Impact;
- Strategy & Tactics; and,
- Analytical, Productivity and Management Tools.
How to Become a CHDM
The CHDM certification program is a three-part process in which you must:
1. Complete the CHDM application form through HSMAI to demonstrate your eligibility. (Where to send the application and payment is in the form).
2. Once approved, pay for the certification and participate in a series of three online learning modules (available 24/7).
3. Pass an online exam covering the CHDM content.
Working in Singapore?
The Singapore Tourism Board will subsidise people working towards certification subject to conditions of course. There is a few more steps if you would like to apply for their subsidy to study and become certified.
- Complete the CHDM application form through HSMAI to demonstrate your eligibility.
(Where to send the application and payment is in the form).
- If you are a permanent resident of Singapore, then apply for TIP-iT subsidy from STB
- Once approved, pay for the certification and participate in a series of three online learning modules (available 24/7).
- Pass an online exam covering the CHDM content.
- Once completed, and you have passed the exam, STB will process payment of the subsidy (if you are a permanent resident of Singapore only).
- CHDM applications may be sent to HSMAI any time throughout the year. Once approved, you may study the online
modules and study guide, and take the online exam at a time of your choosing, as long as it is within one year of
having your application approved.
Note: See below under Singapore residents & citizens for more information.
Fees must be paid by credit card, international bank transfer, or check made payable to HSMAI. All fees are subject to
change at any time. Fees are also non-refundable and non-transferable.
Registration Fee Includes:
Application processing fee, access to three online learning modules, digital copy of the CDHM study guide, and the exam
Applying for the CHDM
Eligibility is determined by four main areas on the application. To qualify, you must have a minimum of 50 points:
Once your application is approved, you will be eligible to take the online exam.
Taking the CHDM Examination
The examination component of the certification consists of an online written examination of fifty (50) questions. You
will have sixty (60) minutes to complete the exam. All questions are based on the study guide, Digital Marketing
Strategy and Tactics for Hoteliers: The CHDM Study Guide and the three associated online learning modules:
- Strategic Impact of Digital Marketing
- Digital Marketing Tactics
- Digital Marketing Resource Management
Singapore residents & citizens
As mentioned above, if you are a permanent resident of Singapore, you are able to apply for funding for the course through the Singapore Tourism Board (STB). Go to the Singapore Tourism Board website to find out about the Training Industry Professionals in Tourism (TIP-iT) grant. Queries about the grant can be sent to STB_Incentives@stb.gov.sg.