CRME Revenue Management Certification
About CRME I Apply for Certification I Payment & Registration I Singapore Residents
The Certified Revenue Management Executive certification, offers you the chance to confirm your knowledge, experience, and capabilities in the field of revenue management.
The more you know, and the more you can prove you know, the better ROI you can provide to your employer or prospective employer. The more you can improve your company’s bottom line, and the better you can position yourself in your chosen discipline.
HSMAI introduced certifications for sales professionals nearly thirty years ago. Today, HSMAI offers certification in several disciplines including Digital Marketing and Revenue Management. The CRME is now in its 10th year and over 1000 people have been certified by HSMAI as Revenue Management Experts.
"Bringing the CRME certification to Asia Pacific is a fantastic opportunity for Revenue Leaders to obtain a globally recognized certification in Revenue Management and confirms HSMAI’s objective to be a key resource for education, knowledge and transformation in hospitality” says Puneet Mahindroo, Chair HSMAI Asia Pacific Revenue Management Advisory Board & Corporate Director Revenue Management - Asia Pacific for Four Seasons.
About the CRME
The CRME is a prestigious certification in revenue management from the Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International (HSMAI). Individuals working in revenue management in the hospitality industry, if they meet the minimum qualifications, can take an exam to confirm their knowledge, experience, and capabilities in the field.
The study guide for the exam, which is included in the examination fee, is The Evolving Dynamics of Revenue Management published by the HSMAI Foundation in 2015, developed under the leadership of HSMAI’s Revenue Management Advisory Boards in Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific.
Benefits of a CRME Designation
The CRME designation is recognition that you are:
- A professional in the field of revenue management and clearly conversant with its intricacies and importance
- Competent to develop an infrastructure to support revenue management within the framework of an organization
- Able to maximize revenue opportunities and optimize profits by managing revenue
- Capable of making informed decisions to accept or reject pieces of business to meet overall organizational goals
- Proficient at the art and science of revenue management
- Completion allows the use of the CRME designation after your name e.g. Jackie Douglas, CRME
How to Become a CRME
The CRME certification program is a two-part process in which you must complete the CRME application to demonstrate your eligibility (minimum points: 50), and then pass an online exam covering the functions performed in revenue management.
CRME applications may be sent to HSMAI University any time throughout the year. Once approved, you may take the online exam at a time of your choosing, as long as it is within twelve (12) months of having your application approved.
Go to the CRME Certification application form to find out more about the criteria
Applying for the CRME Designation
Eligibility is determined by four main areas on the application (see CRME Certification application form below). To qualify, you must have a minimum of 50 points.
Once your application is approved, you will be eligible to take the online exam.
There are just a few steps to take to become a CRME:
- Complete the CRME Certification application form through HSMAI (criteria and where to send the application are in the form). Note: This is a year round, online program which can be applied for at any time.
- If you are a permanent resident of Singapore, then apply for TIP-iT subsidy from STB
- Once approved, then pay HSMAI in full for the certification (see CRME fees and registration below), receive the Study Guide and access to materials, and exam.
- Once completed, and exam is passed, STB to process payment of subsidy (if you are a permanent resident of Singapore).
CRME Certification Fees and Registration
HSMAI Member: US$425
CRME + 1-year HSMAI Membership: US$575
Once your application has been approved and payment is received, you will receive a digital copy of the study guide, The Evolving Dynamics of Revenue Management
As mentioned above, if you are a permanent resident of Singapore, you are able to apply for funding for the course through the Singapore Tourism Board (STB). Go to the Singapore Tourism Board website to find out about the Training Industry Professionals in Tourism (TIP-iT) grant. Queries about the grant can be sent to STB_Incentives@stb.gov.sg.